How to Install Helix Core
Use this guide to install Helix Core and set up Helix Visual Client (P4V).
Install Helix Visual Client
- Make a directory for your installation on your local machine.
- Navigate to the Helix Core Visual Client (P4V) downloads page. Select your family, and platform, then click Download.
- Extract p4v.tgz and install the application. Invoke the executable: ./p4v
- Connect the client to the "remote" server by using the Server address (port number from Helix Core installation.
- Now you can connect P4V to Helix Core.
Want Help Setting Up Perforce?
Contact our professional services team to talk to experts. They can optimize your Helix Core servers for top performance.
Do More With P4V
Setting up Perforce is easy with our P4V cheat sheet.
Read the Docs
Get step-by-step instructions on how to install, administer, optimize, and use Helix Core.